And FREE Delivery on all orders over £25!
Wage War on Munching Moths
Are moths playing havoc in your wardrobe? Have you got seriously fed up with finding holes in your favourite cashmere tops? Moths love the warm weather and with Spring looming (so exciting in most ways) the moths are ready to play and boy are they hungry. So it’s time to protect your favourite woollens with these effective (and beautifully packaged) products from The Handpicked Collection.
The Clothes Saviour Moth Box (£6.95)
may look ‘pretty in pink’ but looks can be deceiving! It is in fact laced with pheromones that will lure those unsuspecting moths before they can do any damage. Simply pop this in the back of a wardrobe or drawer and let it work its magic.
The Natural Organic Anti-Moth Essential Oil (£18.95) is scented with May Chang, lavender, rosemary and thyme so you don’t have to suffer those rather unpleasant odours of traditional products. And the cute little wooden diffuser can hang prettily in the wardrobe releasing a lovely scent.
FREE delivery on all orders over £25 until 3rd April -
As for sachets, the Natural Hanging Sachets (£4.95) or Natural Drawer Sachets (£2.95) will last for up to six months. Available in a May Chang or Vetivert, they will refresh and protect your wardrobe and definitely smell better than your average mothball.
The Handpicked Collection Top Moth Prevention Tips
1. It is actually the larvae not the moths that destroy clothes, so ensure you give stored woollen a good shake every so often so the moths have no time to lay eggs.
2. For clothes that have been abandoned at the back of the wardrobe all winter, pop them in a plastic bag and store them in the freezer for a couple of days – to kill any larva – and then give them a good wash.
3. If you’re storing clothes for a season, clean them and put them away in plastic storage bags.
4. Never put clothes away dirty. Sweat, hair oil and food stains attract moths and make it much more likely that your clothes will be attacked.
5. Dried mint leaves are another effective moth repellent. Place several leaves in a sachet, or place loose leaves among your clothes.
6. Fill a sachet with one or a combination of; cloves, thyme, ginseng or rosemary to keep moths at bay for months.